As we wind down 2013 and move towards a new year, there are many exciting things happening in the world of home fashion and decor. Check in with what is new with the White House holiday decor, one of the big decor events in the Middle East–Decofair 2013, and discover the appeal of the next big color to make a splash in decor–gray!
- The White House is known for its huge, beautiful holiday displays. The theme for 2013, according to the White House website is “Gather Around: Stories of the Season.” This beautiful display included more than 450 repurposed books! That’s a thrilling way to share the stories of the season–and reuse older books giving them a new life!
- When you think about big decor shows, one that may not come to mind is Decofair. That’s because this huge, international show is held in Saudi Arabia. The show attracted designers from around the world and showcased local inspirations too. This shows the world that Saudi Arabia is at the forefront of a new revolution in design.
- What’s new in color right now? Gray! HGTV recommends using gray as you would any neutral to tie together a variety of colors and styles. Grey is the new beige, so to speak, and you will likely see more of this color–used as a neutral–in the coming spring design shows.
As you can see, even in the busy holiday months, there is a lot going on in the world of decor and home fashion. Learn more about how the White House holiday decor has inspired holiday decorating in general, the different items premiered at Decofair and how gray will impact all areas of home fashion.
Latest posts by Paul Ewing (see all)
- Weekly Roundup: Crafty Tips for DIY Spring Living Space Makeovers - March 28, 2014
- Benefits of Adding Outdoor Curtains to Your Gazebo - March 27, 2014