Want to create a spa-like atmosphere in your home? There are a few elements that are essential to the process, including a simple, uncluttered décor, restful colors and a few green plants. There are also some essential items that will put the finishing touches on your at-home spa.
1. Thick, thirsty towels. One of the most wonderful things about a spa is the towels. They’re thick, absorbent and absolutely decadent. Splurge on a set for your home and you can enjoy that “spa ah” every day.
2. Towel warmer. The only thing better than a spa towel is a warm spa towel. Towel warmers are available in wall-mount and free-standing styles so they can be used not matter how small your space.
3. Aromatic oils. Smell is a powerful sense. A certain scent can transport you to another place and time. It can bring back fond memories. It can calm you or give you a burst of energy. Keep a couple of favorites on hand to add to your bath or shower to set just the right mood.
4. Scented candles. Soaking in a lovely bath, surrounded by soothing candlelight is one of life’s simple pleasures. Scented candles bring together the mood-altering properties of lighting and aroma in one place. Match up your candle scent with your oils for even greater effect.
5. Luxurious robe. Slipping on a luxurious bath robe will help keep that just-from-the-spa feeling going for a bit longer. They’re great for lounging around the house, too.